Are you confident in your brand’s messaging? Do you have a clear set of communications priorities that come through across all of your marketing channels?
Establishing a solid communications foundation is paramount to the effectiveness of your individual and collective marketing programs. If you’re struggling with content or other communications efforts, it might be because you’re trying to build a house without a blueprint.
I help clients to develop and clarify their brand narrative through the following:
POSITIONING & DIFFERENTIATION
Defining the core values and distinct features that that make up your brand.
Good for: Start-ups who want to establish a strong brand at inception and established businesses who need to refresh or clarify their brand story.
A complete messaging blueprint to guide and connect all of your brand communications. Typically includes:
- Key message themes
- Proof points
- Tone and personality
- Content themes
- Mission statement
- Vision statement
- Brand promise
- Key audience segments
Good for: Any business who wants to ensure that their marketing and communications are effectively and cohesively deployed.
A strategic framework for how your brand or product is communicated across channels. Typically includes:
- Key buyer personas (WHO)
- Strategic communications objectives (WHY)
- Key messaging priorities (WHAT)
- Channel map (WHERE)
- Tactical plan (HOW)
Good for: Established businesses launching a new product or initiative, start-ups looking to generate mind and market share.
Content exists in many forms but my focus is on planning, creating and optimizing high-impact, written and visual content for web and social media. My content services begin with strategic planning and extend to include content development, distribution and optimization.
While each client has different needs, most content strategies include the following:
- Strategic Framework: Includes brand guidelines and business objectives
- Competitive Snapshot: A look at how your top competitors are leveraging content
- Content Audit: An assessment of your organization's current content marketing efforts
- Buyer Personas: A discovery into why, how and where your key customer segments engage with content and what opportunities exist to better serve their needs
- Content Blueprint: Informed by brand, business objectives and budget, the best types of content to tell your story
- Channels: Which owned (existing and new), earned and paid channels are best suited to engage your customers and advance your goals
- Process: A system for creating, sourcing, distributing & measuring your content
Good for: Businesses in need of a comprehensive, multi-channel content strategy that drives measurable results.
The creation of content assets, either through your internal creative resources or my partner network of professional designers, photographers copywriters and illustrators.
Good for: Businesses who already have a completed strategy and need guidance or support producing content assets.
I manage or support your efforts in the distribution (i.e. blogs, social media, email, paid media) measurement and optimization of your content across channels.
Good for: Businesses who already have a completed content strategy and need ongoing support managing and executing on that plan.
The Social Media landscape has changed significantly since pioneer brands first entered the space. From a dizzying array of new channels, features and tools, to the increasingly competitive fight for user attention, success in today’s social media context requires thoughtful and deliberate strategy, anchored by process and consistency.
- Discovery & Analysis: Audit and synthesize existing social media channels, social brand chatter, the competitive landscape, audience segments and your brand + business objectives.
- Audience Personas: Who are we targeting and how will we reach them
- Channels: Goals, Tactics & Best Practices
- Content Blueprint: Key messages, keywords, content themes & types
- Key Performance Indicators: How we will measure success
Good for: Businesses ready to get serious about their social media who need a comprehensive strategy to guide those efforts.
- Editorial Process: How social media content will be planned, sourced, produced and posted
- Social Media Standards: Creative standards to guide the creation of content and messaging
- Community Management Guidelines & Procedures: Protocols for engaging directly with fans
- Monthly Editorial Planning: A monthly content calendar for designated social channels. Includes corresponding copy, hashtags, and post times.
- Content: Coordination and development of visual content assets through your team or mine.
- Campaigns: Special promotions, contests and influencer partnerships
- Paid Media: Ongoing social media ad management
- Reporting: Monthly reporting on community growth, ad campaigns and organic content performance
Good for: Businesses who have a completed social media strategy and need ongoing guidance and support through it's implementation.
An analysis of your current digital channels and campaigns with recommendations for how to optimize.
Good for: Businesses who want to see a better return on their digital efforts or are considering a new website or other digital initiative.
A channel agnostic, dive into the customer's experience with your brand across each stage of the buyer's journey.
Good for: Businesses who want to identify opportunities to more effectively attract, convert and retain customers.
A roadmap for building an integrated digital marketing system powered by data, analytics and technology.
Good for: Businesses who need to modernize their website and other digital channels to better meet business objectives.